Inaugurated in 1933 as a Monastery for an international congregation of nuns, the oldest parts of the complex dates back to the 16th century. Previous renovations and outdated facilities made it necessary to modernize the site radically.
Central to the new design was the preservation of the architectural structure, as well as the monument’s details and richness. Subsequently, the development of a functional complex with contemporary comfort levels represents an integral aspect of this project. The original structure portrays modern elements without undergoing any major cosmetic changes. The creation of the novel elements has reinforced the power of the monastery and defined a clear separation between the (semi-) public area, private rooms (the lock), and the guest house.